General terms and conditions
The bookmaker Grün-Weiss Sportwetten Styria GmbH (hereinafter referred to collectively as „GWbet.com“ or „bookmaker“) and the bettor are contractual parties to each betting transaction. The bettor has read, accepted and understood the information on the standard terms and conditions in full before engaging in her/his business relationship with GWbet.com.
1.1 General Terms
1. The following terms and conditions, which the bettor accepts upon conclusion of the contract during registration, apply to all betting contracts.
2. The bookmaker, GWbet.com and the bettor are contractual parties to each betting transaction. GWbet.com informs all customers, that they have to have reached the legal age of the respective national legal system to be allowed to place bets. The event upon the outcome of which bets may be placed shall be determined by the bookmaker.
3. The bookmaker has promulgated these terms and conditions in proper form.
4. The legal relationship between the customer and the bookmaker shall be governed by Austrian law. In the absence of other mandatory provisions pertraining to jurisdication, the courts responsible for the location of the bookmaker in Austria shall have jurisdication over any dispute arising out of or in connection with the conclusion of the bet or game.
5. The bettor states that:
-> she/he has reached the minimum age required by law at the location in which the contract is concluded and possesses the required legal capacity to conclude said contract.
-> she/he has no knowledge of the outcome of the event on which the bet is placed before the contract is concluded.
-> she/he may despose of the stake used for placing the bet as she/he sees fit and the corresponding funds do not originate fom an unlawful act.
-> she/he has read, accepted and understood the information on the standard terms and conditions in full before engaging in her/his business relationship with GWbet.com. GWbet.com does not accept liability for participation in specific betting contracts by the bettor which is illigal according to the laws of the bettor’s place of residence. GWbet.com emphasises that in certain countries particapition in betting or placing bets is illigal or subject to restrictions.
6. Damage claims by the customer against GWbet.com on the grounds of delayed, inaccurate, manipulated or improper data transmission, in particular, are excluded. The same applies to damage claims due to system failures. In principle, the bookmake’s liability is limited to the amount of the stake/bet or the unpaid winnings, depending on which amount is higher.
7. GWbet.com cannot be held responsible for errors made when transmitting, inputting or evaluating data.
8. The bookmaker cannot be held responsible for data provided by information services, nor of the completeness, timeliness or correctness therof. All live score and statistical data are porvided without warrenty. This also apllies to intermediate results for live bets.
9. The bookmaker is entitled to refuse to accept a bet at any time without giving a reason, limit the amount of the stake before accepting the bet and/or alter odds before the conclusion of a bet. Furthermore, the bookmaker may, at its own discretion stipulate fixed odds and payout/price limits for the bettor or prohibit customers from making use of GWbets services without giving a reason. For interpretation of the contract, the records of the bookmaker are authoritative. In placing a bet in the form of a betting slip, the bettor confirms its accuracy. Subsequent complaints shall not be considered.
10.The bookmaker is entitled to cancel or correct bets which contain typographical, arithmetical, odds-related or other errors at any time on its own initiative, even after the contract is concluded. The aforementioned shall not prejudice the right of the bookmaker to contest a contract on the grounds of error (§ 871 ABGB).
11. Should it transpire that for whatever reason the content of the betting contract has neither been determined nor is determinable following conclusion thereof, the bet shall be declared invalid and the stake refunded.
12. A unilateral right of rescision of the bettor is excluded following concluson of the betting contract.
13. The customer is prohibited from betting on events in which she/he is involved. Similary, bets may not be placed on events on behalf of people involved in these events. The bookmaker reserves the right to cancel bets as well as to refuse to payout any price money or refund stakes in the event of a violation of this provison. It is not incumbent on the bookmaker to make itself aware of whether the customer violates this provision. Therefore the bookmaker is entitled to take action at any time after becoming aware.
14. The bettor is not permitted to gratuitously or non-gratuitously assign or pledge claims against the bookmaker that stem from betting contracts or use them for the purpose of executing any other kind of transaction. Furthermore, such claims may not be offset against the claims of the bookmaker.
15. If the bookmaker has issued a betting slip, the payment of possibly winning bets unexceptional takes place by refundment of the original betting slip. The bookmaker cannot be held responsible for loss or damage of the original betting slip. Damage claims by the customer against Gwbet.com on the aforementioned grounds are excluded. GWbet.com is not obliged to validate the entitlement of the betting slip
16. If betting slips are not refunded within ninty days after completion of the last pick/event, any claims by the customer expires. Following completion of the last pick/event on which the bet is placed, the bookmaker may postpone payout of the winnings for up to 45 days. In any case the bookmaker is entitled to demand a photographic idenfication from the customer dependently for payouts .
17. All personal data shall be handled in accordance with the requirements oft he applicable data protection act.
18. The legal relationship between the customer and the bookmaker shall be governed by Austrian law. In the absence of other mandatory provisions pertraining to jurisdication, the courts responsible for the location of the bookmakers head office in Austria shall have jurisdication over any dispute arising out of or in connection with the conclusion of the bet or game.
19. If the bookmaker suspects that betting fraud is taking place or that games are being manipulated, it is entitled to forward any data it has stored to public authorities,or other third parties which have interest in the clarification of such suspicious or manipulative activities. This also includes information on bets which give rise to suspicion.
20. The betting account set up by GWbet.com is managed for the account and the risk of the bettor. The bookmaker cannot be held responsible for abuse/wrongful use of the betting account by unauthorised persons. All account transactions made using the user name and password are for the account of the bettor. Therefore, the bettor is advised to treat her/his user name and password as confidential.
21. Complaints concerning account statements and balances shown therein shall be lodged by registered letter within 30 days of the end of the month in which the event on which bets were placed was held.
22. The bookmaker is entitled to correct obvious misstatements based on error made during preparation of the customer account statements.
23. The bettor is in agreement with the bookmaker collecting personal data it obtains in the course of a bet being placed and processing such data on an automated system. Furthermore, the bettor is in agreement with, but may cancel at any time, the provision of advertising material as well as other publications and information by mail, fax or email by the bookmaker.
24. Only on registration is permitted per bettor, in the event of a violation, all accounts of the customer shall be blocked and any payment of winning bets is declained. Expenses incurred will be paid by the costumer.
25. The bookmaker shall not be liable for damage incurred and prices will not be paid out if a betting account is set up or used improperly in any form.
26. Participation of bets on sport events is prohibited or subject to statutory restrictions in certain countries. The bookmaker cannot be held responsible for any damage incurred by the customer due to disregarding prohibitions of her/his home country. In particular, bets cannot be accepted from residents of the following countries for legal reasons: United States and France. Prices shall not be paid out if a betting account is set up improperly in this context.
27. The customer declares that all information submitted at registration is correct and undertakes to notify the bookmaker of any change thereto.
28. Should it be established, at any time, that the information provided by the customer during registration or when making amendments thereto is incorrect or that bets were submitted from a country that is explicitly excluded, then the bookmaker shall be entitled to declare invalid all bets submitted up to the time and to terminate the contractual relationship with retroactive effect. In such cases, the customer shall be entitled only to refund of the deposits, less expenses incurred.
29. The bet is invalid, the betting contract shall be regarded as rescinded retroactively by mutual consent and the stake shall be refunded to the bettor in the
a) If the event does not take place in accordance with the odds list (e.g. home games are exchanged, unless - for whatever reason- the home team exercises its right to
b) if the bet is placed either after the actual start of the event to which the bet perains or is not in accordance with the betting terms. However, this does not apply to bets which are continously offered by the bookmaker even after the corresponding event starts due to their nature and are designated as such, for example, long-term bets and live bets. The time at which the bookmaker determines the betting contract to be concluded is binding for the bettor.
c) If an event is cancelled or does not take place, except in cases where
c a) an alternate date, which is within two calendar days of when the event was originaly due to start, has been set for this event at the time of the cancellation, or
c b)This event is resceduled in the course of a tournament (e.g international, European or national championships, Olympic games, tennis tournament, etc.)
d) If the event is abandoned without an official outcome being decided afterwards. Therefore, subsequent changes in ranking (i.e. by way of a committee ruling) are not taken into account.
e) If a tennis match is terminated with a walk-over.
30. In particular, the following rules apply for deciding the outcome of a bet.
a) The outcome made public immediately after completion of the event is authoritative (e.g awards ceremony, as long it takes place immidiately after the event).
b) In the case of football matches the outcome after 90 minutes (full time) and ice hockey matches the outcome after 60 minutes (full time) is autoriative. Therefore, any stoppage time or penalties, etc. shall have no influence in the betting contract, unless the records of the bookmaker show that parties to the contract have agreed otherwise (e.g. bet on advanving in the European Cup).
c) Should two or more competitions of the same type take place at the same location (e.g. two giant slaloms), then all bets which are placed prior to the start of the first event are only valid for the first event unless explicitly agreed otherwise.
31. Payouts for dead heats (two or more equal rankings) are devided proportionally (e.g. 100 stake, odds on the winner: 1.80, results in a payout of 180; therefore, the payout would be 90 if there are two winners and 60 if there are three winners). For contests in which only two starters (teams) participate (e.g. test matches) and no undecided odds are offered, payouts would not be divided in the event of a dead heat. In such case, the bet is void and the entire stake refunded.
32. If an event takes place in accordance with the current general betting terms and an individual or team does not compete in this event, then the betting contract shall remain valid (play or pay). This means that the customer is regarded to have lost a bet placed on a non-competing team or individual. Except for „Head to Head“ bets (supplementary betting terms).
33. If a number of events are combined in one bet (combination bet), then the following shall apply.
a) If on or more event(s) is/are cancelled, abandoned or does/do not take place for any other reason without a substitute event being scheduled as specified in subsection 29c or without an official result being announced as specified in subsection 29d, then payouts for this/these event(s) will be rated using odds of 1.00; this also applies to tennis matches terminated with a walk over.
b) If all the events are cancelled, abandoned or do not take place for any other reason without a substitute event beeing scheduled as specified in subsection 29c or without an official result beeing announced as specified in subsection 29d then the betting contract shall be rescinded retroactively and the stake refunded. This also applies to tennis matches terminated with walk-over.
c) If the contract is concluded after the start of one or more event(s), then odds of 1,00 shall apply to this/these event(s). This does not applay to those bets defined in subsection 29b (2) above. If the bet is not placed until after the start of all events then subsection 29b shall apply mutatis mutandis.
1.2 Supplementary terms
1. The supplementary terms pertain adjunctiv to the general terms and conditions
2 The bettor states with the betting contract that she/he has read the references on the website or at the location in which the contract is concluded and possesses the required legal capacity to conclude said contract in detail.
3. The bettor states that the betting contract at the location where she/he has/had submitted the bet isn’t illegal and that the bettor has entirely informed her/himself about the for her/him relevant legal provisions. GWbet.com is not responsible for any disadvantages for the bettor when she/he is disregarding legal local provisions.
4. For bets placed online the bettor is obliged to use the betting account set up by GWbet.com.. The bookmaker cannot be held responsible for abuse/wrongful use of the betting account by unaouthorised persons. All account transactions made using the user name and the password are for the account of the bettor. Therefore, the bettor is advised to treat her/his user name and password confidential.
5. GWbet.com cannot be held responsible for any errors on the internet regarding inaccurate, manipulated or improper data transmission.
6. The bookmaker will normally accept a bet duty submitted by the bettor using a mouse on the condition that the betting account contains sufficient funds, with actual acceptance beeing at the address of the company’s headquarter.
7. If the betting account does not contain sufficient funds at the time the bet is placed and if the shortfall is not paid within the required time, the bookmaker may either cancel the bet or accept the bet with the stake beeing equal to the amount actually held on the betting account.
8. GWbet.com is entitled to correct obvious misstatements based on an error made during preparation of the customer account statements.
9. The bettor is in agreement with GWbet.com collecting personal data it obtains in the course of a bet being placed online or by phone and processing such data on an automated system. Furthermore the bettor is in agreement with, but can cancel at any time, the provision of advertising material as well as other publications and information by mail, fax, sms or email by the bookmaker.
10. Please not that the published oddslists are only for information, and that the odds can change at any time.
11. GWbet.com is entitled to refuse to open an customer account at any time without giving a reason.
12. The customer declares that all informations submitted at registration is correct.
13. Start time delays over 12 hours for the following sports (MLB, NBA, NFL, NHL, Aussie Rules) count as canceld. The bet shall be rated at 1.0. Match, handicaps and over/under bets are based on the result at full time, including any stoppage time (including extra innings in the case of baseball).
14. First retirement: If one ore more drivers retire at the same time: the odds will be devide proportionally.During a start crash only the drivers count as retired, which not participate an a restart of the race.
Retirement: A driver is regarded not to have finished a Grand Prix if she/he is not included in the official ranking, i.e. has not completed 90% of the race distance. The driver must start the race for the bet to be valid.
No retirement: A driver is regarded to have finished a Grand Prix if she/he is included in the official ranking, i.e. has completed 90% of the race distance, The driver must start the race for the bet to be valid.
15. Head-to-Head betting: You bet on one player or one team and this player or team must be in the ranking before another player or another team. Both competitors must participate in the contest. If both participants do not reach the finish, the leader is also rated 1.0. If both contestants are not awarded the 2nd heat, the participant who is better placed in the 1st heat wins. If an EX-Aequo is placed, the leader is also canceled.
16. Withdraws from customer accounts without placing a bet or bets at least in the same amount of stake/s than deposit(s): In such cases, the customer shall be entitled only to a refund of the deposits, less expenses incurred.
17. The bettor is in agreement with that customer data like bookings or settled bets in a period e.g. 6 months will be deleted. GWbet.com recommends to print out these data for the costumers own records.
18. All kind of correspondence with GWbet.com has to be done in english or german.
Supplementary betting terms for motorsport
19. The winner of a head-to-head duel is the driver with the better final official ranking. Both drivers must start the race for the bet to be valid. If both drivers drop out of the race prematurely the driver who completed more laps wins. If both driver retire in the same lap, then the bet shall be rated at 1.0.
Supplementary betting terms for cycling
20. Unless stated otherwise, the winner of a head-to-head duel is the competitor with the better final ranking. If no clear ranking can be derived from the final result for both competitors, then all the bets placed on this head-to head duel shall be rated at 1.0..
21. Both competitors must be named for and compete in the race for the bet to be valid. Should a competitor not start the race for any reason, then all the bets placed on this duel shall be rated at 1.0..
Supplementary betting terms for tennis
22. Bets on an outright win If a match is not completed, all bets placed on this match shall be rated at 1.0..
23 Bets on a set If the number of sets to be played is changed, then all bets on a set or special bets placed on this match shall be rated at 1.0. Bets on the match retain their validity.
24. Tournament win If an event takes place in accordence with the current general betting terms and a competitor or a team does not compete in this event, then the betting contract shall remain valid („play or pay“). This means that the customer is regarded to have lost a bet placed on a non-competing team or competitor.
25. Number of games This provision concern the number of games played in a match. The entire match must be completed, otherwise all bets placed on the match shall be rated at 1.0. A tie break is counted as one game.
26. First, second, third, fourth, fifth set – result bets If a match is not completed, then all bets placed on this special bet shall be rated at 1.0
27. First, second, third, fourth, fifth set – number of games If a match is not completed, then all the bets placed on this specail bet shall be rated at 1.0
28. If an incorrect number of winning sets is indicated on the odds sheet erroneously (e.g. „Best of three“ instead „best of five“), then handicap,over and under, set an special bets, which are based on the number of sets played, shall be rated at 1.0. Bets on the match retain their validity.
29. General Bets retain their valid in the following cases: -> Change in match day -> Change in venue -> Change from indoor to outdoor and vice versa
Supplementary betting terms for Formula 1
30. The offical result at the time of the awards ceremony is valid for all Formula 1 bets.
31. Qulifying – Which driver will win the qualifying session? Any penalties imposed on a driver before and after the qualifying session (time penalty, grid penalty, etc) will not be taken in account.
32. Qualifying . Driver head-to-head The winner of a head to head duel is the better ranking driver in the qualifying session. Any penalties imposed on a driver before and after the qualfying session (time penalty, grid penalty, etc) will not be taken into account. Both drivers must compete in the qualifying session. Should a driver not start the qualifying session for any reason, then all bets placed on this duel shall be rated 1.0.
33. Qualifying Team head-to-head The team with the better ranking driver wins the duel. Both tems must compete in the qualifying session for the bet to be valid. Any penalties on a driver taken before and after the qualifying session (time penalty, grid penalty) will not be taken into account.
34. Race driver head-to-head The winner of a head-to-head duel is the driver with the better final ranking. Both drivers must start the race (from the warm up lap) for the bet to be valid If both drivers drop out of the race prematurely the driver who completed more laps wins. If both driver retire in the same lap, then the bet shall be rated at 1.0.
35. Who finish the Grand Prix`(no retirement/retirement) A driver is regarded to have finished a Grand Prix if she/he is included in the offical ranking, i.e. has competed 90% of the race distance. The driver must start the race (from the warm up lap) for the bet to be valid.
36. How many cars will be included in the ranking? The offical result published by FIA is authorative: www.fia.com
37. Will ther be a safety car phase? If the race is started with a safety car deployed, then the bet shall be rated at 1.0.
38. Leader after the 1st Lap? If the race is started with a safety car deployed, then the bet shall be rated at 1.0.
Supplementary betting terms for winter sport
39. Head-to-head duels Unless stated otherwise, the winner of a head-to-head duell ist he competitor with the better final ranking. The final result published by FIS (www.fis-ski.com) If no clear ranking can be derived from the final result, then all the bets placed on this head-to-head duell shall be rated at 1.0. Both competitors must be named for and compete in the competition for the bet to be valid. Should a competitor not start the competition for any reason, then all the bets played on this match shall be rated at 1.0.
40. If both participants do not qualify for the 2nd heat, the participant better placed in the 1st heat wins.
41. In the case of ski jumping, the winner of a head-to-head duell is the competitor with the better final rankink unless stated otherwise. The final result published by FIS os authorative: www.fis-ski.com. If both competitors do not qualify for the second heat, then the competitor ranking better in the first heat shall be regarded as the winner. The head-to-head duel begins with the 1st heat.
Supplementary betting terms for „Fantasy League“
42. For fantasy bets only the number of goals from the respective team counts. E.g. Wacker Innsbruck wins 4:2 v.s. KSV and Bayer 04 Leverkusen wins 3:0 v.s. Freiburg. The fantasy game ends 4:3. If both teams score equal goals than the fantasy game ends in draw. If one match of the respective teams in cancelled than the fantasy game is also cancelled and all the bets placed on this match shall be rated at 1.0.
Fatasy League games are not combinable with other League games.
Supplementary betting terms for live bets
43. Unless stated otherwise (e.g. „First goal in extra time“, Who advances“, „Who will win the cup?“, etc), the result at full time applies for all live bets.
44. Since the bookmaker has no input on the coverage of events, the validity of a live bet is entirely independent of whether the event is broadcast live. All bets shall be rated after the end of the game/event following publication of an offical result.
45. All bets that have already been rated shall retain their validity if a game is abandoned.
46. All submitted bets that have yet to be rated shall retain their validity,
if an alternate date, which is within 2 calendar days of when the event was originally scheduled to start, has already been set for continuation of this event at the time of abandonment,
or the event is continued in the course of a tournament (e.g. tennis tournament, etc).
If, at the time of abandonment, a new date for continuation has not been set or is not intended, then the bets for which the outcome has not been finalised shall be rated at 1.0. For example, abandonment in the scond half with a score 4:0 (over/under 1.5 goals;over/under 2.5 goals. over/under 3.5 goals (only in the case of „betting in running“ not the normal special bet) stand; fifth goal and the match, the handicap bets, and all bets on over/under 4.5 goals, over/under 5,5 goals etc., shall be rate at 1.0.)
For example, abandonment in the second set of a tennis match (bets on the first set, over/under bets on the games of the first set as well as the bets that have already been rated of the second set stand; bets on the second set as well as on the match, over/under bets on the games of the second set and handicap bets shall be rated at 1.0.)
If a game is replayed rather than continued, all bets that have already been rated shall retain thei validity. Bets that have yet to be evaluated shall be rated at 1.0. This applies to all sport types (e.g. first third, first quarter, match handicap. Over/under goals, etc)
47. Any additional information, such as playing time, score, information in text form,
48. Bets placed after the outcome of the event is actually received shall be rated using odds of 1.0.
49. In the case „handicap bets“ of tennis (set or games), handicap bets are based on the entire match, i.e. the set or game target must be added to the final result. In the case of football and ice hockey, handicap bets are based on the entire match i.e. the goal target must be added to the final result (at full without any stoppage time).
50. Basketball Live
a.) Bettype over/under excl.OT. Only points scored in the reguar time are rated.
b.) Bettype over/under incl. OT. Both points scored in the regular time and stoppage time are counted for the bet.
51. Tennis Live over/under bets on games. If there is a champions tie break in a double match then this champions tie break is counted as one game. For example the match ends 3:6; 6:3 champions tie break 10:4 The number of games are counted as follows: set one (3:6) -> 9 games + set 2 (6:3) 9 games + one game for the champions tie break. The total games for this match is 19.
1.3 Marketing campaign rules (marketing bonuses/deposit bonuses/complimentary betting credits, etc.)
1. Any marketing bonuses/deposit bonuses/complmentary betting credits may initially be used only for bets, but neither transferred nor paid out.
2. Any marketing bonuses/deposit bonuses/complimentary betting credits may be withdrawn or cancelled ahead of schedule at any time by the bookmaker.
3. Any marketing bonuses/deposit bonuses/complimentary betting credits shall remain with GWbet.com until the customer has satisfied the corresponding, accepted conditions. If the costumer requires payout before satisfying these conditions, this will not be carried out before these conditions have been satisfied.
4. Participation in a marketing campaign is carried out by way of an individuel agreement to this marketing campaign by confirming the particular conditions.
5. GWbet.com reserves the right to exclude customers from marketing campaigns at any time, or in the event of abuse of the marketing campaign, to close betting accounts without provding a reason.
6. Marketing campaigns, which are contingent on the satisfication of other conditions (e.g the acquisition of new customers) and would therefore be credited to the account only after the realisation of these conditions, shall not be credited if in the meantime the customer has excluded her/himself from the betting services or has been excluted by the bookmaker.
7. Freebet: Only the net winnings will be credited to your account. (Betoutcome – Stake)
1.4 Non personal bet
For other then personal and immediate betting contracts under the help of (e.g. phone, fax, letter, email, mobile or internetbets) unless stated otherwise these betting terms shall apply mutatis mutandis. Possibly suplimentary terms for such betting contracts are proclaimed by GWbet.com in proper form.
1.5 Price limits
The definition of minimum stakes and maximim pice per bet is reserved by GWbet.com.
minimum stake per bet
maximum price per bet (excl. bonus)
maximum price per customer and week **
maximum stake per game
If a customer places several identical bets, its maximum price exceeds the maximum price limit from GWbet.com, then the bookmaker has the unilateral right to reduce these bets to observe the price limits. The price limits are known and accepted by the costumer. The bookmaker shall not be liable for any damage incurred for lost winnigs which exceeds the price limits. GWbet.com has the right to give different/lower price limits for individuel costumers without giving a reason at any time.
1.6 Withdrawal from your GWbet.com registered betting account.
1.6.1 Per client and month on withraw is free of charge, each additional withdraw will be charged by a processing fee worth € 15.
1.6.2 All online payments (Bank transfer, paysafecard, credit cards, neteller, skrill, mail, direct bankning, prepaid tickets, etc.) have to be staked at least one time in bet(s) at the amount of the deposit, before a customer can claim a withdraw, otherwise a processing fee over 10% from the deposit amount will be charged.
1.6.3 The minimum withdraw amount from your customer account is € 50.
1. The bookmaker reserves the right to change the standard terms and conditions at any time.
2.Severability: should any of the provisions of these standard terms and conditions be or become invalid or unenforceable, the validity of the remaining provisions shall not be affected.
These standard terms and conditions shall enter into force immediately, whereby all previous versions shall lose their validity.
This is an unofficial translation of the standard terms and conditions of Grün-Weiss Sportwetten Styria GmbH into English. It does not legally state the standard tems and conditions of Grün-Weiss Sportwetten GmbH. Only the original German text on the standard terms and conditions of Grün-Weiss Sportwetten GmbH „Allgemeine Geschäftsbedingungen“ does that.
Grün-Weiss Sportwetten Styria GmbH
E-Mail: [email protected]
Phone: +43 316 69 69 33
Fax: +43 316 6986 88
Member of the austrian bookmaking association.
Graz, 23.11.2016 – (AGB V.1.7)